A solar charger is not only for charging laptops or phones, but many companies are making them for vehicle batteries. A solar trickle charger can charge up a 12 V battery for cars, boats, bikes, trailers, tractors, marines, or snowmobiles. It’s the solar panel that sends power to the battery and you can drive or sail wherever you want.
But the panel should have enough storage to activate the batteries. You can install the solar trickle charger on vehicles to constantly receive the sunlight. It has clips or suction cups to connect it to the vehicle. Some brands offer the plug and play units with adapters. The charger is often waterproof and also resists shocks.
We are explaining below the ten best solar trickle chargers to help you with a useful charging solution.
10 Best Solar Trickle Chargers Rated & Reviewed
The first product in the list of the best trickle chargers is ECO Worthy. It is ideal for a 12 V battery. A portable solar charger enables you to transport it easily. You can charge the car battery to keep it running. Likewise, it can charge the marine and boat batteries. It helps you save electricity because it gets power from solar energy.
- The best solar trickle charger includes a diode to prevent reverse discharge. The battery life increases, making it effective for longer.
- It is an environmental-friendly device and helps users save electricity charges.
- People can use the ECO solar charger for various vehicles, such as cars, tractors, bikes, and even boats. But, it is only suitable for 12 V batteries.
- The solar panel has good conversion and strong material. It’s a great tool for outdoor activities. Like, you can keep it with you during long road trips or camping, etc.
- The panel has suckers to secure it on the windshield. But, make sure to separate the battery from the panel before starting the vehicle.
- The charger does not need regular maintenance. Besides, the product also includes clips and a cigarette lighter adapter.
- Innovative design
- Overcharging protection
- Prevents a short circuit
- Durable package
- Connecting clips
- Compatible with only 12V battery
If you run your vehicle with the help of a solar trickle charger, you would have seen a big difference in driving. Sunway introduces a 12 V charger to suit any vehicle like a boat, motorcycle, snowmobile, or marine. Besides, it’s an ideal tool for travelers.
- You can install this charger without any help. The solar panel has suction cups to attach it to the dashboard where it gets the sunlight.
- The charger also includes a 16 feet long extension wire and an adapter for a fast connection. (sold separately)
- The panel can provide 1.8W power if it gets continuous solar energy. It does not overcharge the battery, preventing it from damage.
- You can even use the Sunway solar device in cloudy weather. The panel is a combination of ABS and PV glass that enhances its durability.
- You can save the environment from pollution by using a solar charger. Likewise, an energy-saving device happens to be a good investment.
- There will not be any reverse charging because the diode prevents it. The LED light indicator informs you if the battery is charging or not.
- The product also includes a lighter adapter, as well as the terminal clamps for the battery. Sunway is also an excellent solar trickle charger for RV.
- Durable solar charger
- Charges various vehicles
- Includes an extension cable
- Quick mounting
- IP44 waterproof
- SAE connectors and adapter
- Charging more than 12 V battery may damage it
A very powerful 10W solar panel can power up the batteries of your vehicles. Be it a car, bike, tractor, or boat, the solar trickle charger will keep them running. You can use it for short or long journeys or enjoy the weekend by boating.
- The charger is suitable for 12V batteries, and it’s easy to install. Ensure it gets the most solar energy from the sun.
- It includes an extension cable with a DC plug. Besides, the cigarette lighter plug is easy to insert in the socket.
- You don’t need any special tools to maintain the TP charging kit. It has a circuit board to prevent discharging at night.
- There is a light on the panel that indicates that it is charging the battery, keeping you alert. You can take action if there is no indicator.
- The charger is suitable for cars, marines, tractors, boats, or bikes, but they all should have a 12 V battery.
- The waterproof material helps maintain a TP battery charger. But, keep your panel free from dust.
- The product also includes connecting clamps, an O-ring terminal, and a cigarette cable.
- Ideal for different vehicles
- 10W solar panel
- Quick installation
- Lightweight but durable
- Waterproof construction
- Prevents battery discharge
- Charging a dead battery can ruin it
- Slow charging
The top-quality solar trickle charger 12V can maintain multiple batteries. It has an MPPT controller to produce up to 20 % more power than the old controllers. You can charge the car, boat, bike, and several others. Let’s study the Suner Power to know it more.
- The device can charge in three stages to maintain a 12 V battery, and it can work in any weather and season. The plug and play function helps in a quick charge.
- Forget the short circuit, because Suner Power’s solar charger has new technology. The panel will not discharge the power when it is low at night.
- Unlike the traditional trickle chargers, it has an alloy ball to move the panel for maximum sunlight. You can install the panel on some wall through a bracket or can place it on the ground.
- Users can visually check the charging through an LED indicator. Different lighting colors like green, and red ensure various functions. Like, a red flash shows normal charging, and green means full charging. The solid red is a sign of no output.
- No spark will happen because the solar charger comes with a protection technology. Besides, it’s ideal for outdoors and does not need any maintenance.
- A combination of tampered glass and ABS structure adds strength to the trickle charger, increasing the working time. The IP65 grade water protection makes it ideal for any weather.
- Adjustable mounting
- No overcharging
- Prevents a short circuit
- No reverse polarity
- Waterproof construction
- Three SEA cable kits
- 12-months warranty
- Expensive than ordinary trickle chargers
The quality of a solar trickle charger depends on its features. Powoxi provides an effective 7.5 W charger for automotive, boats, cars, bikes, trailers, etc. The panel is waterproof and can serve you during road trips or transportation.
- The panel has a high-tech PV glass that is not only tempered but durable as well. The charger also resists the snow and prevents impacts.
- The solar panel of this charging kit has a 20% conversion to produce the 12 V power to charge a compatible battery.
- The crystal silicon solar panel stays active as long as it has the right location.
- The product also offers the overcharge protection. Besides, it has a barrier diode to block a power discharge at night.
- The blue indicator shows active function, but the light is off at night as it does not charge.
- The solar kit supports different 12V batteries, including Gel, SLA, Wet, deep cycle battery, and AGM. It is also suitable for snowmobiles, and Powersports.
- The installation just involves the plug and play. However, it is slow, unlike an AC charger. Besides, never try it on a dead battery.
- High-conversion rate
- Long Service life
- One-year warranty
- Minimum maintenance
- Multiple protections
- The glass with dust becomes less effective
- Charging a dead battery can damage it
Travelers, transporters, and sportspersons can save energy by using a solar trickle charger. Aeiusny offers a charging device with a 5 W solar panel. You can have a continuous backup for cars, boats, agricultural equipment, snowmobiles, etc.
- It’s a complete kit with a 12 V rechargeable battery. The device is compatible with all those vehicles which have 12 V batteries.
- The charger gets power from a mono-crystalline panel having silicon solar cells with a 20% conversion.
- Aeiusny trickle charger is not only lightweight, but it’s smaller than all available chargers of this category.
- Only the sunlight can charge the battery through a solar panel. You have to set the charging location carefully. The unit has an indicator that gives 100% light while charging.
- The device comes with a diode to block the energy discharge when the solar panel has low wattage. Besides, it’s waterproof and stays fine in the rain.
- You can maintain your vehicle’s battery or can charge it through a solar device. The battery will not get dead by being inactive, so you will not have to replace it.
- High-tech solar panel
- Smart design
- Portable device
- Charging several automobiles
- One-year warranty
- Discharge protection
- Needs frequent charging
Solperk helped many people with their vehicles by providing them energy-saving chargers. The solar trickle charger by this brand is for a 12V battery. From automotive to Marine RV and Powersports, the device can charge them perfectly.
- The solar panel has super-quality material such as monocrystalline silicon with the high-conversion photoelectric cells.
- You can maintain all kinds of 12V batteries that run vehicles and power equipment. Transporters can save a lot through the solar-powered battery chargers.
- Be it the EFB or Gel and AGM or Wet, a trickle charger can activate any battery. You can even charge a ship or tractor’s battery with a Solperk charger.
- The unit has reverse protection, so it will never destroy the battery. Besides, the solar panel has no power discharge issue.
- The trickle charger is robust for its industrial-grade material, such as ABS. The water splashes or rainwater cannot affect it. But, don’t throw this charging device in deep water to check its quality.
- The charger has suction cups with screws to fix it on the back or front, depending on the vehicle.
- Blocking diode
- Prevents power leakage
- One-year warranty
- Charge anywhere
- 24/7 customer service
- A panel with dust has slow charging
With another 10W solar trickle charger, you can activate and maintain several kinds of batteries. Don’t let your car irritate you with a dead battery because you can constantly charge it through solar power. Be it a motorbike, automotive or RV, and marine, all are compatible with the Moolsun battery charger.
- The panel remains active all the time as it stores the sunlight and contains it without any leakage. Discharge protection never let the power escape.
- You get pure energy to power up the car battery. The device does not overcharge, so there is no point in causing a short circuit.
- The PVC fabric and PET lamination, both make a solar panel ultra-smart. So, be ready to take it to an outdoor activity like boating or long drive.
- Be it a road trip or a deep-sea journey, you can make it memorable through a smooth battery function. Only what you need is the sunlight.
- No noise, no smoke, and no smell; this is what you will get from a trickle charger.
- The device is scratch-proof and water-resistant. Moreover, the anti-discharge function will never allow power leakage.
- The charger has suction cups and a crocodile clip to attach it to the vehicle. It should be on the front glass or back, depending on the vehicle.
- Ultra-smart panel
- High conversion
- Cigarette lighter plug
- Diode for a power reserve
- Manual guide
- 18-months warranty
- The size is too small and needs care
This is a lighter model of Solperk trickle charger with 1.8 watts. The device is an effective means of saving vehicles’ battery by keeping it active all the time. You can buy this charger for RV, boat, car, Snowmobile, trailer, and many other vehicles.
- The best solar trickle charger for car battery has amorphous solar technology that stays active in any weather. Be it rain or clouds, you will get the current to maintain the car.
- The batteries that go well with Solperk include MF, AGM, Gel, Wet, and even the EFB. Whether you want a ship battery or truck and other automotive, it has to be 12 V.
- This solar battery tender comes with a diode to eliminate the chances of reverse charging.
- The device gives a blue indication during charging. If there is no light, it means the charger is out of power. So, install the trickle charger in the sun.
- Like other outdoor chargers, Solperk also has ABS on its surface that increases its strength, making it rainproof. But, don’t throw it in the water as it can damage it.
- The charger has a plug and play system, so anyone can install it. You will get the cable and adapter along with this product. Moreover, it’s not heavy, and you can put it in the bag when it’s not in use.
- High-end technology
- Thin solar cells
- Many functions
- Saves the environment
- Conserves energy
- One-year warranty
- Less power wattage than other models
When you need a waterproof solar trickle charger for boat, buy Paladin as the splashes can’t affect it. The unit is as good for automotive as it is for a boat. It is lightweight and carrying it is too easy. Now, we will explore it more.
- Paladin solar charger has suction cups to rest it on the dashboard or windshield. The battery clamps can help you connect it to the battery. When the sun reaches the panel, it starts to store energy, converting it into power.
- You can maintain an automotive battery through a trickle charger because a dull battery becomes useless. But, the charger itself does not need any maintenance.
- Remember, you can only use Paladin for a 12V battery, but not more than that. The product has a wide use because it is perfect for cars, bikes, and other vehicles.
- The solar panel is amorphous, and it can even charge in the low sunlight. It is lightweight and can reach you through safe shipping.
- You will get a pollution-free device with green energy. You can contribute to the environment through solar chargers.
- It is a sustainable unit and does not overcharge due to built-in protection, so reverse charging is almost zero.
- Paladin trickle charger needs only 2.4W, so it takes less sunlight and has a fast conversion speed. You will get two packs in one product, so it is an economical option.
- Wide use
- Harmless charger
- Compact but effective
- Weatherproof surface
- Amorphous solar cells
- Blocks reverse charging
- Not suitable for heavy equipment
The following buying guide is for those who are unable to pick a worthy solar trickle charger. Sometimes too many products drain your energy, so our research comes with selective qualities that a charger should have.
- The primary thing in the entire solar device is its panel because it converts solar power into electricity that charges batteries. A solar panel with a 20 % conversion or more will successfully maintain a car battery.
- The charger should be waterproof to avoid quick damage. Besides, it should not overcharge that often leads to a short circuit. The latest trickle chargers come with dual protections.
- Any mishandling can damage the charger, so it should be shockproof.
- Its installation has to be firm for effective charging. Besides, it would be good if you could adjust the solar panel’s angle to absorb more sunlight.
- In general, a trickle charger supports a 12 V battery, so make sure your vehicle’s battery is compatible with it.
- Often a trickle charger has a cigarette plug that inserts well in the socket.
- The vehicle also determines the type of solar charger you should buy. Like, you can have a low-watt charger for bikes or cars, but tractors or marines need more power, like from 7 to 10 watts.
- The warranty period and refund policy are essential; especially, if you are considering online shopping. A product with a one-year warranty satisfies the customer.
All the above products are affordable, but a powerful solar panel having a long lifespan is a must-buy product.
A solar trickle charger can change your travel experience because you get an environmentally-friendly tool. You don’t need to pay huge money for electric power to charge a car battery. Nature is giving us free energy to run different batteries.
You can enjoy boating or biking in the holidays by using cheap charging solutions. Trickle chargers with protection modes are better because they don’t let the battery drain off, and prevents a short circuit. The charger takes no time to install, and you can adjust it according to the orientation of the sun.