The steps do not only ad décor to our homes and parks but also protect us from accidents. Wired lights are not suitable for steps and battery lights often stop working after a while. In this condition, solar lights are ideal. Our aim is to make you aware of the best solar step lights so you can install them in your home or any other area.
These lights are available in different sizes, colors, shapes, and materials, besides their costs also vary. You can install them in your garden, stairs, parks, offices, hospitals, schools, and several other areas. The best solar step lights have built-in sensors for automatic function. You need to place them somewhere where they can absorb the sunlight.
There is a huge variety of solar step lights in terms of design, battery life, capacity, and brightness. Each product is unique, however, the basic functions are common. Different qualities make solar light good or bad and we can identify them only if we have some knowledge. Read below all those features that would help you understand the solar step lights.
The light should have enough capacity to store solar energy. Rechargeable batteries are cost-effective. Less charging time with more lighting ensures high-quality products. Also, make sure the battery is replaceable so your light does not go in the waste.
Generally, the solar panel is made of polycrystalline silicon. If it has some other material, get its information. The panel should have enough conversion rate, like the quality that allows it to convert sunlight to electricity. The best solar step lights have solar panels with high conversion.
Purpose of Light
Solar lights have a huge variety and you can use one light at several places. However, some solar lights are spotlights, some are floodlights, and some just give functional light. So, decide what you want and how much light you need. Steps need good light that does not create glare and also illuminates the area enough.
A light with multiple purposes proves cost-effective.
The fixture must be of durable material. Generally, stainless steel and plastic are used for making solar lights. Both materials can withstand weather conditions. ABS is a common material being used for this purpose. It should be high-grade waterproof, like IP65 to IP67. A light with IP55 is less effective in resisting water or snow.
Number Of Lights
Each product packaging is different like some brands give 4 lights in a pack and some give 6 lights. Some products have 8 or 12 lights. More lights in one pack mean you don’t need to buy many lights separately. In most cases, a pack with 8 to 12 lights would be cost-effective.
This is the feature that is behind the solar function. Sensors allow light to turn on when it is dark and turn off in the day when there is the sun. The user has to switch on the button before installation and then everything will become automatic. However, the sensors won’t work if the light wasn’t charged.
Certain solar lights also have motion sensors so check their effectiveness if you are buying such a light. These sensors must work for long and should detect vehicles and humans from a long distance. Contact the manufacturer if the sensors become malfunctioned.
Cost Of Light
The cost of the light is either low, high or between them. You must read the specs that you would get in a particular amount. If your budget is normal then go for normal light. People with a high budget can buy expensive solar lights, especially, if they have high-tech functions.
The product should ensure a long warranty. If it has a refund policy, it would be an added advantage. Also, make sure if the product includes a warranty card so you can claim a new light in case of damage.
If you are buying solar lights from an online store, make sure the shipping would be safe. The brands often ship to certain countries so read each detail before making a purchase. Also, check the type of shipping that the company offers. Make sure if you are getting the same light that you chose.
XLux Warm Light-Solar Lights for Steps Decks Pathway Yard Stairs Fences, LED lamp, Outdoor Waterproof, 12 Pack
The XLux is the first one in our list of the 7 best solar step lights. You will get warm light that would well illuminate the dark place. These lights are not only suitable for homes but also ideal for large areas like parks, pathways, decks, pool, yards, and fences.
- You will get 12 lights in one product, so it is a great bargain. Imagine, how much money you can save by buying a single product.
- The light is waterproof because it is for outdoor use. You don’t need to get afraid to put it inside in the rain because water will not harm it.
- Instead of cool white light, the manufacturer has made warm yellow light that is ideal for outdoor. Name any outdoor area and the light would illuminate it well.
- The solar panel is made of polycrystalline silicon which is so durable and has a high conversion rate. The casing is stainless steel, hence the light won’t get rust in rainy days.
- After charging, you can use the lights for 9 hours but make sure you charged it enough.
- The product includes12 LED lights, 12 screws, and a user guide
- Durable material
- Effective features
- 6 to 8 hour charging time
- 60-days free return
- 365 days free replacement warranty
- 24-hour customer service
- Not freestanding
Never compromise on quality, and always buy the best solar step light like LeiDrail lights. These lights can be effective for several years if you handle them with care. The installation is also so simple because you do not need wires.
- The company used the top-class solar panel to make this light. The conversion rate is higher than the older models. You need only 6 hours to charge them and the lights would give you 10 hours of illumination.
- After charging well, you can also place it in an indoor stair hall, but you will have to place them out for charging. Always let the light fixture face towards the sun, especially the solar panel.
- I love this yellow light with a black structure. It creates an attractive atmosphere in the yard, garden, or around the steps. The light produces 2100K warm light.
- These lights are also equally suitable for walls around the stairs, for fences, and can also work like spotlights. The light keeps the atmosphere clean due to solar energy.
- A solar light can’t be complete without a waterproof structure. This light has IP55 grade material which is low but protects it from water and dust. Use it in hot weather or freezing temperature, it would stay harmless.
- Durable material
- High-grade solar panel
- Weatherproof and dustproof
- Wireless lights
- 30-days full refund
- 12-months guarantee
- It’s only a 4 pack product
iThird Solar Powered Step Lights 6 LED Solar Deck Lights Outdoor Warm White Stainless Steel Decoration for Stair
iThird is not an old brand but has made its name in the industry of the best solar step lights. The manufacturer gives us 12 lights in one pack. Consider it an ideal gift item, especially for Christmas.
- Most solar lights are made of metal and plastic. iThird step lights also have a stainless steel body and ABS that protect it from rainwater so there is no point of rust. Besides, the animals can’t destroy these lights.
- A durable battery gives us 72 lumens with a warm white tone. This is the most effective product that needs only 4 hours of charging, but it lights up the area for 12 hours. However, the lighting duration may reduce due to less charging.
- The light has an advanced solar panel made of polycrystalline silicon. The panel has a high capacity to absorb the sunlight in the day. More absorption means more light at night for several hours.
- These wireless lights are not dangerous for your pets or kids. You can install them on the wall or on fences with screws, or can place it on the steps. Make sure to turn it on while charging. Don’t place the lights close to each other as they won’t be effective.
- 6 LEDs produce 3200K warm white
- 3000 hours LED life
- Higher energy saving
- High conversion rate
- Installation with screws
- 12 solar lights
- Fixture is less attractive
- Warm white impresses less than a yellow light
- No charging when the switch is off
Solar Step Lights Outdoor – Amei 6 LED Solar Deck Lights, Solar Garden Lights, Solar Outdoor Lights Wall Mount
The steps are not only to reach some height, but they enhance the exterior, especially when we put lights over them. The best solar step light includes a variety like Amei lights.
- These lights are brighter than several others, besides you would get a pack of 6 products. They are suitable not only for steps but also for a yard, pathway, patio, and stair hall walls, etc.
- The lights are water-resistant because of their manufacturing as the company used a high-end material. The monocrystalline solar panel also has a high conversion rate.
- Let the light stay in the sun for 4 hours, and get light for 8 hours. However, you will have to increase the charging duration if the sun is emitting less heat.
- The light is an amazing blend of black and yellow and enhances the landscape. The greenery will become beautiful in this light.
- The LEDs have bright chips that protect us from danger at night, especially, your kids would feel safe.
- High-tech solar panel
- 10000 lighting hours
- CE and ROHS certified
- Automatic function
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- Rechargeable battery
- 1-year warranty
- Not suitable during high temperature
- Not functional in a humid weather
Solpex Solar Deck Lights Outdoor 16 Pack, Solar Step Lights Waterproof Led Solar Lights for Outdoor Stairs, Step, Fence, Yard, Patio, and Pathway (Warm White)
Outdoor lights are extremely effective regarding security. We can save our valuable stuff from thieves if we brighten the backyard, front garden, garage, decks, and all such areas. Solpex lights are the best solar step light, so don’t miss them.
- These lights would not harm the pets, so they are good to install near a pet house. Also, let your kids play in the yard because the solar lights are there.
- The light has an advanced solar panel that takes little time to charge it, besides the battery is also very strong. Nothing can harm the fixture as it is waterproof, dustproof, and made of metal.
- The lights don’t have any switch so there is no hassle. It has an insulated tab, so press it before charging.
- The lights won’t trip if you put them on the deck. Make sure to fasten them with screws which are included in the product.
- All the weathers welcome these lights because they resist the snow, rain, heat, etc. If you need a light around the pool, don’t worry and buy these lights for the pool. Now, you can swim at night, as you have waterproof solar lights.
- Brown color becomes a part of the wooden steps. Some people love a nice blend of brown structure, green plants, and yellow light.
- The product is without any wires. Make sure to properly read the manual to install this light with screws. It takes a few minutes in installation.
- 100 % solar powered
- Installation with screws
- Durable plastic
- It does not need a battery
- Effective solar panel
- Automate and fast lighting
- Not so attractive
Solar Lights Outdoor, xtf Copper Outdoor Step Lights, Wireless Waterproof LED Solar Lights for Stair
A nice combination of copper, black and white. When you place these lights in the garden, they will look a part of nature. These are without wires so either place them on the ground or install with screws. The best solar step lights like the model xtf 2015 would decorate the outdoor, making it more functional.
- The lights will get bright at night but will not be functional in the day. However, charging will work only in the day.
- These lights are different from LED solar lights because they have SMD beads having reflectors inside. Use them as spotlights to enhance the rockery, steps, pathway tiles, decks, and plants.
- With 0.2 watts, the light would illuminate your home exterior. Even offices or commercial buildings can take benefit from these lights.
- It has a unique shape resembling a smile with upper and lower teeth. It does not only produce light but also looks good in the day due to its shape.
- Warm white light has 100 lumens intensity that can reduce or get high depending on charging.
- Feel free to install the xtf 2015 solar step lights because they don’t need hard work. It would give security and will also keep you away from stress due to a bright area.
- The light functions through a solar panel and battery. The panel absorbs heat and the battery stores that sun heat as electricity. So, the quality of both elements is important.
- 4.5 hours of charging is enough to get 8 hours of lights. Additionally, the battery can charge 500 times.
- It has a dual installation method, like paste it with a sticker or make it tight with screws. Both elements are included in the product.
- The product has 4 lights, 4 stickers, 4 stopples, and 4 screws.
- Effective light sensors
- Good material
- 100 lumens brightness
- Smiley shape
- Durable plastic and stainless steel
- Rechargeable battery
- Monocrystalline silicon panel
- IP44 waterproof
- 5-years warranty
- Good color combination
- Motion sensors are absent
AndeFine 8 Pack Solar Step Lights Outdoor, Solar Deck lights 6 LED Wireless Waterproof Security Lamps Lighting for Steps Stairs
The brands that make the best solar step light include AndeFine products. It is a great chance to save money because this product has 8 lights in one packaging. One light with 6 LEDs produces a bright light.
- If you are not a fan of white light, use this one because you would fall in love with this light. It produces warm white to enhance the space around it. Feel proud to have a beautiful décoration or get secure with a well-lit area.
- AndeFine has the latest solar panel with more conversion rate and will last for long. It has lighting sensors to detect the dark and turn on when it is night. It automatically gets on charging in the day.
- If you want to make your parties memorable, install these solar lights in the yard around a tree. Even a wedding event would become great with solar lights outside the marquee.
- The material like ABS gives this light the quality of resisting water, snow, and other elements. Do not worry about using these lights in a rainy area because the rain can’t affect it?
- The lights allow you to mount them in a vertical position or just flush them with the ground. Name any outdoor area, and the light would enhance it. Feel free to install the lights on the paths, stairs, garden steps, dock and deck, mailbox, walls, and fences.
- Get 8 hours of light and recharge the battery whenever you want. Keep the light charged to use it when there is no sun.
- The light is a good blend of blue, black, and white. It becomes a part of the garden désign. The front door would also become bright and will keep the intruders away. Anyone can live alone by having a bright light through AndeFine
- The product includes 8 solar lights, 8 screws, and a user guide.
- Premium plastic having IP55
- Wireless and attractive
- 1000Mah 1.2V Ni-MH rechargeable battery
- Simple installation with screws
- High-tech panel
- You can’t paste it
All the above products are the best solar step lights as you read their features. Some lights are better than the others in terms of brightness and battery time. A light without battery is also functional. The product becomes effective if it has a rechargeable battery.
The cost and installation method may or may not vary. The user must place the light in direct sun. But, if the light is not installed with screws, the user can charge it by placing it on the rooftop, and then use it anywhere. But, the installation on the right place prevents a hassle of operating solar lights because the light sensors do their work.
Some Important Tips
Solar lights are very effective items, and we cannot deny that. Most of the lights come with a one-year warranty, but it can reduce or increase depending on how we keep these lights.
The user should not dip the light in the water just to check its waterproof feature. Place the light outside, and you will find it automatically.
Solar panels’ function depends on the weather condition. When the sun is intense the panel will produce bright light. But, in gloomy days, the light would be dim or there won’t be any light.
Charging time is important so make sure to place the light in the sun for 6 to8 hours.
The installation has to be perfect and the light has instructions with it about how to install it. If it has screws, understand them first, and then install the light.
Don’t forget to turn on the switch that is behind the light. The light won’t charge with its switch off so be sure about that. Also, ensure that the automated function is working well.
Don’t put the light near pets if its material is lightweight or easily get scratches. If the material gets damaged due to rust, replace the light because the metal can hurt you or your kid.
Related: 7 Best Solar Rings for Pool in 2020